• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please is there a way i can auto generate new Form Id each time i print from my acrobat form?

Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form i hand out to participants in our event, this form has a unique id field that is increasingly changing to identify a particular participant with their form number, i print this form regularly, instead of manually inputting the numbers each time before printing them, i need a way i can send the form to print, and it will automatically change the serial numbers (incrementally) per print directly from my acrobat form. 

Any idea how I can do this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bernd_Alheit for your quick response, actually, the above post you referred to was generated by me regarding targeting several field sections within a ticket page with uniquely different id, and that thread is still on, am still waiting for a response on my last comment on that post, while that is not yet solved, that is why i made this other post, either way, i don't have a workable solution yet on any of my questions. 

Please if you can assist, i will be grateful.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd_Alheit, i thought this community is for helping people with challenges on adobe related products, but you just referred me to get help for my current challenge from my previous post, which i have not up till now found a solution for, even in the previous post thread. If one post about one or two questions and no solution yet on any, what is the person supposed to do here. i am really confused now because both my first and second posts have not been solved and nobody is saying a thing. i really thought this is where i could get such help.

Please i will like to know if i am getting something wrong here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the same as what you asked before. If you just want to increment the value of a field each time you print the file you can do it with a script under the file's Will Print event. However, that will only work once for each print command, so if you print 100 copies they will all have the same value. You need a more complex script to achieve what you described in your other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you so much try67, i really appreciate your feedback, now, let's say i now i have to abandon the request on my other thread, all i need now is just to send a page with uniform numbers that will increment the value of its fields which are uniform on each print, so if i send 100 copies, they will all increment accordingly till the last print. something like this:

Forms_Mo_A.jpg

so subsequent copies will go as follows:

Forms_Mo_B.jpg

I can really work with it being uniform this way, please i need the support. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one for your revised need:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-create-sequential-number-field/td-p/5631312/page/2?pag...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check out this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-get-pdf-to-auto-generate-new-invoice-number-everytime-...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks IDEAS-Training, for your response, i have visited the post and gone through it, but it did not solve my problem, but i have been able get it done with help from a friend. here is the script i used: 

var start = 1;
var doc = this.getPrintParams();
var total = 3;
var printed = 1;
doc.interactive = doc.constants.interactionLevel.silent;
doc.printerName = "Brother MFC-9140CDN Printer";

var tokets = [
[
this.getField("Ticket_No_1"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_2"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_3"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_4"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_5"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_6"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_7"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_8"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_9"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_10"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_11"),
this.getField("Ticket_No_12")
]
];

while(printed <= total ){

for (var i = 0; i<tokets.length; i++){
for(k in tokets[i] ){
tokets[i][k].value = util.printf("%04d", start);
}
start++;
}
this.print(doc);
printed++;
}

But i still have a challenge here, the printer i am printing from is an industrial printer with its own screen, so when i send to print from my computer, it first has to download on the screen of the bigger printer and i will still have to authorize the printing of the document page by page from the screen before it can print, at the end the overall process is too slow for the purpose.

The above script i posted works with my none-industrial printer, i connect my computer directly to the printer via a USB cable, and when i send it to print, it just prints and perfectly carries out the increasing numeric value of all the targeted fields per printed page.

Since i can connect a pen-drive directly to the printer-screen and print from the screen without opening the document,  is there a way i can embed an instruction on the document on the pen_drive to print multiple pages by increasing each page number value, and all that will be done by authorizing the printing from the screen without opening the document, as the printers screen does not have the option to open the document on the screen before printing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines