Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in with Protected Mode.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm developing plug-in for Acrobat and Reader and it works fine except one case when user enable Protected mode. Plugin initialization successfully completed but then Plugin unload called and that's it (tested on Reader).

Is it possible to third party plug-ins works in Adobe when Protected Mode is on?

If this is possible what should I modify in my project that Adobe allow my plug-in works in protected mode?

I know that protected mode restrict write rights and to be able to write log it should be stored at Temp folder.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi,

third party plugin can be loaded in protected mode, I'm developing such one:)

You can find  the example of such plugin in Adobe Acrobat SDK. Such plugins should be properly designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am pretty sure that third party plug-in are not loaded and cannot be loaded in protected -mode, it is a mode designed to only load the plug-in shipped with the product.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for reply.
I've looked more closely and found that COM interfaces cannot be initialized and I got "General Access Error".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

third party plugin can be loaded in protected mode, I'm developing such one:)

You can find  the example of such plugin in Adobe Acrobat SDK. Such plugins should be properly designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Clarifying, I misunderstood protected against certified, you are correct developer plug-in can be loaded in Protected mode ( assuming you follow the rules).

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the developer of a third party plugin and facing the issue of loading third party plugins into acrobat when the option "Enable Protected Mode at startup" is checked.    Can you tell me what changes are required for plugin application to load with protected mode.   Can you please tell me where can I find the example for such a plugin in acrobat SDK,  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat will load 3rd Party plug-ins in Protected Mode.  It just restricts access to variou system resources. 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/sandboxprotections.html

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines