• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print button or script

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We are currently using Adobe filled forms that have been digitally autorised, we need to able to print these forms once in colour and then again in greyscale. The colour copy will go with the customer and the "carbon" will stay with us. I belive this would be possible with a button and some script but cant quite get it to work. If there is a better solution please let me know.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is not particularly straight forward, as there is no direct access to the print (colour, black and white ) via the JavaScript API.

You might be able to set up a printer profile that prints to greyscale and use the printParams and change the colorProfile options, then you could print once using a colour profile that allows colour, and a second time using the profile that only allows greyscale. ( I am not fully up on the printer profiles so I believe this could be possible)

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively, you can create two separate printers, one for B&W and one for color. Then specify the printer name in the PrintParams object, like this:

var pp = this.getPrintParams();

pp.interactive = pp.constants.interactionLevel.silent;

pp.printerName=  "My B&W Printer";

this.print(pp);

pp.printerName = "My Color Printer";

this.print(pp);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines