• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer selected from within the AxAcroPDFLib.AxAcroPDF toolbar resets to the default printer

Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing an VB.Net application (.Net 4.0 framework) in Visual Studio 2013.  I have a control that includes an instance of the AxAcroPDFLib.AxAcroPDF control (named pdfViewer in the user control) from Adobe Reader XI.  This app can have between 2 to 8 instances of the user control, so there can be multiple instances of the AxAcroPDF control.  I'm having no problems loading files into each instance of the control.  The problem I am having is that when the user selects the Print option from the toolbar at the bottom, the printer selected is only retained for a yet-to-be-determined number of minutes, then it seems to reset back to the Default printer.  What could be causing this?  The only method I am invoking is the LoadFile(), once to load with a genuine file to view, and once with a "BLANKPDF" value to get the control to clear itself out.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 4 years after I meet the same issue, did you solve it? how?

thenk you for your help

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines