• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proofreaders marks with Adobe Acrobat?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use proofreaders marks on an Abobe Acrobat document?  If you do are there any templates or add-on that can be installed?  Why not just use comments? 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gscortino1,

Would like to inform you that Adobe Acrobat does not use Proofreaders.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use proofreader marks, you can install a set of custom stamps. This page a bunch of good ones: How can I create custom stamps that I can use for proofreading? (Edit PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This 3rd party set of stamps might help:  Traditional editorial markup with PDF Proofreading Marks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many editors use Acrobat for copy editing and proofreading and this is getting more common as e-books become more popular.  If you have a stylus, you can use it to create notes and proofreading marks on your document.  You can supplement this with some of the tools in the Acrobat COMMENT feature.

But the more common option is to use editing stamps, as mentioned above.  There are many sets available online.  Look around for one that suits you: some are geared toward UK editors, others for North America.  I offer a large set via my website -- it has about 100 stamps in multiple colors and a small selection of French editing stamps (useful here in Canada).  There is a small set available for free and it comes with instructions so you can try out PDF editing and see if you like it: Cobweb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! I use this custom stamp library that contains a full set of proofreading marks;

https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/100535/editorial-markup-stamp-library-for-acrobat

I think it's much more convienent thank using the Comments tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines