• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Access to quick access? Custom Scan is a pain now, on purpose?

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat XI you could add a button to custom scan right at the top of the window for Adobe Acrobat XI. 

Now in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I have to go to Tools > Create > Scan > Custom Scan.  I can add the custom scan icon to the Create page quick access (which is inexplicably not visible from the "Home" tab), but this only saves one step and the process remains cumbersome.

Is there a way to provide quick access to quick access?  If anyone knows how to get the quickscan image from my second attached image into the quick access bar on my first attached image please let me know.
adobeopeningpage.PNG

adobepageiwanttoopen.PNG

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

The first image attached in the above message is of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC home page.

You cannot add any of the quick access tools on this page as this is a designed behavior of application

However once you open any PDF you will be able to add quick access tools on the tool bar.

Refer this KB doc for more information: Adobe Acrobat Workspace basics

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware that this is designed and intended functionality.  I am saying it is a problem.  Having to go in and create a blank PDF before you can use the program to scan to PDF is inconvenient - to the point where we are considering cancelling our licensing for our entire company and going with a different product for PDF scanning/editing.

You need to take this to development and tell them it is unacceptable.  Loss of functionality like this is bad business and bad design.  The homepage is so utterly useless (to most people, not all) it is just a stumbling point.  Allow it to be disabled?  Allow the program to automatically create a blank PDF when the program is opened?  Adding those two options would fix my problem.  But so would allowing quick access buttons on the home page. 

Is there a good reason why this functionality was intentionally designed out of the platform?

The MOST ideal solution would be a CLI switch that I can write into a shortcut on their desktop. 

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat.exe" -customscan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

You can fill this feature request form for the same here  : Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can also access scan tool without opening any PDF from home page as well.

Go to File> Create> PDF from Scanner and click scan now.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines