• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RaiseError or unhandled exception after a SOAP call

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have experienced the following situation.

I have an interactive form designed with Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4 which is then executed with Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (Version: 2015.006.30457). The form is utilizing the functionality of the Net.SOAP object for obtaining some data.

When the content-type of the response was "text/xml" or "application/json", for example when requesting SharePoint data, all worked as expected for both synchronous and asynchronous calls.

However, for the response below when the call was made synchronously Adobe Standard generated RaiseError pointing to the Net.SOAP.request() method. If, alternatively, the call was made asynchronously the callback function was not invoked and the rest of the code continued executing as if nothing had happened. In the latter case though upon exiting Adobe Acrobat, "Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working" and “An unhandled exception occurred in Acrobat.exe [ some number ]” messages were generated.

Response raw data from the server:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="MIMEBoundary_67f476708814c228e21476171933b4c45e524344efdc9e24"; type="application/xop+xml"; start="<0.77f476708814c228e21476171933b4c45e524344efdc9e24@apache.org>"; start-info="text/xml"

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 06:33:57 GMT

Content-Length: 1781

--MIMEBoundary_67f476708814c228e21476171933b4c45e524344efdc9e24

Content-Type: application/xop+xml; charset=UTF-8; type="text/xml"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

Content-ID: <0.77f476708814c228e21476171933b4c45e524344efdc9e24@apache.org>

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
< ...
some valid XML content ... ></soapenv:Envelope>

--MIMEBoundary_67f476708814c228e21476171933b4c45e524344efdc9e24--

I have searched on the Internet for any clues but failed to find anything related.

Has anyone experienced an issue like that? I'll much appreciate any suggestion how to resolve it.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this exact same SOAP call work from another source, such as a web page or server script?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thom, thank you for your question.

​Actually I have created a SOAP project in SOAPUI by importing the relevant WSDL file. I then created two alternative Net.SOAP calls using the "connect" and "response" methods, and one more using the Net.HTTP "request" method. I monitored the calls with Fiddler Web Debugger. For each of the three calls the server responded exactly as it did to the SOAPUI call, and the data returned were identical. I executed the call within a try/catch statement and the thrown Error object parameters are as follows (the values of "lineNumber" and "columnNumber" may vary depending on the call method that was used). 

name : RaiseError

extMessage : RaiseError:

Net.SOAP.request:319:XFA:ProductDocuments[0]:AsyncStore[0]:change

===>

fileName : XFA:ProductDocuments[0]:AsyncStore[0]:change

lineNumber : 319

number : 12

raiseSystem : 255

raiseCode : 65535

columnNumber : 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, sounds like a problem with Acrobat, either a bug, or possibly an incompatibility with some detail of the transaction. Have you tried this from a regular PDF?  There may be something about the LC JS engine that's an issue.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it from a regular PDF. Instead I tried both the LC built-in data connection functionality and the FormCalc POST function. The former did not generate any errors, but it did not display any received data either. Surprisingly the latter sort of worked. I received the data as a string rather than an object. That's still okay, however, the call is synchronous and once the it is made it may take about half a minute before the form becomes responsive again. Considering that I need to make the calls asynchronously this limitation sort of rules this option out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

norm1973, I am assuming that you're doing this in Acrobat and not in browser. I tried this with latest Acrobat 2015 version and I didn't encounter any crash but it might be because I'm not able to connect to the server you have mentioned in javascript. I get following error when I click Net.HTTP.request() button.

HTTP request

HTTP response received

HTTP exception parameters -> ({error:-6, text:"The server could not be located", type:"NetworkError"})

With Soap.connect() button I get below error:

SOAP.connect()

Endpoint -> http://172.21.44.33:7020/enovia/services/Version?wsdl

try/catch exception ->

fileName : Doc:Init

lineNumber : 33

columnNumber : 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you for looking into this case.

Yes, it is done in Adobe and not in a browser. The server I am trying to obtain data from is on an internal network and cannot be accessed from outside. I believe however, that such a situation will occur with any server returning multipart/related application/xop+xml type content. Furthermore, a RaiseError occurrs only when the calls are made synchronously.  Asynchronous calls, like those with Net.HTTP.request() lead to Adobe Acrobat DC crashing on exit with an unhandled exception error.

What I have meanwhile noticed is that when I send MTOM request ( with a Net.SOAP.request() ) the XML node with the attachment reference uses http://www.w3.org/2003/06/soap/features/binary-inclusion​​​ namespace, and the request is sent as multipart/related application/octet-stream type content, while the server responding in application/xop+xml uses http://www.w3.org/2004/08/xop/include​​ namespace for its attachments. Perhaps the Net.SOAP object can only process MTOM responses that are in the same format as the MTOM requests it can generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines