• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader 64-bit crashes after loading with plugin

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a key to sign my application for use in Acrobat Reader. I have had a working 32-bit plugin for some time and recently upgraded my project for use with the new Acrobat Reader 64-bit version.

I have added the 64-bit configuration to my project and am able to successfully build. I am then using the 64-bit signtool.exe supplied in the latest version of the SDK to sign my plugin using my existing keypair and cert. When acrobat is opened, the plugin loads and I do not get the "Invalid Plugin Detected" message, however shortly after opening the application crashes. I have tried the same process on the latest "BasicPlugin" in the SDK and the same thing happens.

Everything is still working when built for 32-bit using the new 32-bit signtool.exe. Is anyone seeing a similar problem? Any help would be really appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

You need to first generate new key pair using 64-bit signing utilities(Makekey) , get new certificate for 64 bit by sending public key to Adobe and then sign your plugin using 64-bit Signplugin uitlites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @RavinderD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in the same boat, just want to confirm if there is an easy way to ask for a certificate for 64 bit when we already have a 32 bit certificate? Or do we have to go through the whole process of applying for a new certificate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines