• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rearranging pages in Acrobat by specific keywords in the text

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks in advance for help anyone can give. I'm trying to figure out how to rearrange pages by keywords already in the text. For example: We have a PDF with 100 invoices for band books and want to arrange them by instrument. Using the search function, I can find every place the word "Flute, or Trumpet" appears, but I'm hoping to find a way to search for "Flute" and then move those pages together to the top of the PDF. Repeating this for each instrumentation until all 100 pages are rearranged in the order we need.

The only way I know of to rearrange pages, is by selecting each thumbnail (either in the thumbnail preview bar at the side, or in the "organize pages" function) and manually moving them into place. A few searches I've done lead me to think I need to use some sort of Script? I'm still in the learning phase, and don't understand yet what that means. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

You're Awesome!! That's exactly the action I was picturing being able to do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Hi,

Here is a new file with an action wizard and a field with the script.

Previously I told you somethin wrong ("In this script the word is used as a variable"). This is something I though to do but I didn't. So you can look for "2 Black Titans"... and you can (normally) search from 1 up to several numbers of words.

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page sequence is also not changing according to the Keywords placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error is this that, sometimes it does not execute. If it does, the Keyword that was placed at last, those pages come at the first in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines