Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieve text and image alt-text for read-aloud feature

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I am currently working on a project that requires the implementation of a read-aloud feature for PDF documents. The PDFs I'm dealing with include images with alt-text. My goal is to extract both the text and alt-text from the PDF while maintaining the correct reading order to enable the read-aloud functionality.

To accomplish this, I would appreciate your guidance on the following:
1. Extracting the text from the PDF while preserving the reading order that I've set using Adobe Acrobat.
2. Extracting the alt-text associated with the images in the PDF, also following the correct reading order.
3. Combining the extracted text and alt-text in the right order, which has been set using accessibily, to generate the content for a text-to-speech system.

Regards
TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but I believe Acrobat and Reader confirm to the system's accessibility APIs. https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/acrobatsdk/pdfs/acrobatsdk_access.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name

Sorry, I am using pdfservice-sdk for Java. Could you please give me more detailed advice? 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think so. That's not an Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, do you mean PDF Services API for Java -- this product... Getting Started with Adobe PDF Services API and Java | Adobe Acrobat Services (which is indeed Adobe, but nothing to do with the Acrobat SDK). This is outside our expertise but try the forum, confusingly called "Acrobat Services API" Acrobat Services API - Adobe Support Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohh. Thanks a lot for pointing out my mistake.

Let me try to post the question on that forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines