Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate Objects/Stamps?

May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I work for a tool and die shop. We use Acrobat XI Standard to master part prints for each job. Each print has a job number, revision level, and short list of quality information that we have a dynamic stamp for. Occasionally, the information is the same for more than one job; however, I can't always copy and paste because when I do the stamp turns automatically 90 degrees. Is there any way to rotate the stamp without having to start over again? I've been searching forums and help sites for weeks and have found some solutions but they don't seem to work for me.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Paige

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

You can rotate a stamp - either when it's first place, or after you copy&paste it into a new document:

2016-05-09_14-07-43.png

Select your stamp, and then place your mouse cursor over the rotation "handle" at the top of the stamp (as indicated in the screen shot above). Your cursor should change to the rotation cursor as shown. You can now drag the mouse to rotate the stamp. When you hold down the shift key while rotating, your rotation angles will be constraint to multiples of 45deg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rotate a stamp - either when it's first place, or after you copy&paste it into a new document:

2016-05-09_14-07-43.png

Select your stamp, and then place your mouse cursor over the rotation "handle" at the top of the stamp (as indicated in the screen shot above). Your cursor should change to the rotation cursor as shown. You can now drag the mouse to rotate the stamp. When you hold down the shift key while rotating, your rotation angles will be constraint to multiples of 45deg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was incredibly easy and I'm slightly embarrassed that I even asked the question. However, I do have a follow up question. Is there any way to rotate more than one object at a time? Let me explain, with the stamps that we use, we have to use the comment tools (circles and text boxes) to complete the stamp. Is there any way to rotate the stamp, circle, and text boxes all at once? I noticed also that I can't rotate the circles at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can only rotate one item at a time. With some JavaScript, you could keep the items that need to stay together as one group and rotate the individual items, and keep them aligned as they were before the rotation. This is a bit more involved than just rotating one element and requires a good understanding of how annotations or placed on a page. This tutorial has more information: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/auto_placement_annotations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you very much for your help with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This no longer works, Acorobat DC, subscrioption

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, why won't it work? Why would they get rid of this ability to rotate a stamp?

Anyone have any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences of Acrobat enable the touch mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow Acrobat DC subscription people, I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

With this newer version of Acrobat DC, you have to zoom out far enough (100% or lower) and the rotate icon will show up. This seems like a bug that needs to be fixed, but in the meantime this is the work around.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed with the recent Adobe update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, can't say it's fixed. Still have to zoom out far, after I turned it I'm able to zoom in again and turn more... Bug that should be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines