• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save file to specific location with variable save name

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been reading up on this quite a lot and have found ones that give answers but I am still quite confused on exactly how to accomplish this. Even with the answers given I am still not sure where to even start. I am reletively new to working with acrobat and using java with it. 

I am trying to make an action button lock the text fields in the document and then save it in the alotted location and have the name "xyz.date". I found the way to lock the fields in the document and that is working well, but I am really struggling to understand how to get the file to save somewhere on its own. 

Any step by step of exactly how to do this would be much appreciated! Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First point, many thanks for doing your own research 😄 and second point it is JavaScript, not Java two very different languages.

You are looking for the SaveAs command in the documentation, however, this command comes with a lot of caveates :D.

Documentation is here - https://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/documentation.html

And the document you are looking for is AcrobatDC_js_api_reference.pdf

Hope this helps

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you see this tutorial? https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-save-pdf-acrobat-javascript

It's old, but still relevant...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines