Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save PDF in Current Folder Named after Two Fields Javascript

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have read through few discussions and can't seem to find a javascript that lets you save pdf in current folder. Everyone asks for it to be saved in a specified folder.
So, I was wondering if there is a javascript that can save the PDF in folder that the PDF is currently in named after two fields in Adobe Form.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Sure, that's possible.

You can use something like this to do it:

var newFileName = this.getField("Text1").valueAsString + "-" + this.getField("Text2").valueAsString + ".pdf;

this.saveAs(this.path.replace(this.documentFileName, newFileName);

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, that's possible.

You can use something like this to do it:

var newFileName = this.getField("Text1").valueAsString + "-" + this.getField("Text2").valueAsString + ".pdf;

this.saveAs(this.path.replace(this.documentFileName, newFileName);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a case of the carpenter blaming his tools, but I wondered has anything changed in Adobe since this answer. 

When I run it I get "NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method...." in the console. In addition I have  copied other scripts dealing with saving  PDFs and have frequently gotten this message.

Stay safe

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Alheit

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I can stop butting my head against a tree

I have build a program (ExpungeKY.com) where users (total strangers or their lawyers) can get a form, fill it out, save it and  later use it to expunge a criminal record. If I understand you correctly, there is no realistic way for me to have the file already be named, for example, "Jones-12345" when the user saves it. 

A person usually needs several different forms. My biggest number has been 40, but 6-10 is not unusual. I just thought it would help the user keep things straight if the files automatically came with a unique name. Of course the user can name the file the old fshioned way-- retype it. No big deal. Just a convenience.

I do a fair number of these forms myself. I assume there is a way to put this feature in a separate set of forms just for use only on my own cmputer. Is that a big deal?

Again thanks and stay safe. If you need to charge me to answer this, let me know. Jwp@aye.net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines