• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved PDF does not show all text

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a PDF document in Korean and saved it last night. Now when I view the document I see portions of text missing randomly!! I tried to see if there was a previous version I could revert to but it shows none available. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Acrobat or Reader to view the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I am using Acrobat Pro 11 to edit the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the fonts are not properly embedded. Did you create the original PDF? If so, it's best to make your edits in the original document and save a new PDF. Are you using the same computer you used previously? if not, using the original computer may cause your type to re-appear. Unfortunately, editing asian type in Acrobat can be dicy. You might have better luck using Pitstop, or some other PDF editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately I received the Korean translation as  a PDF and was working with a copy of the file. All work was don eon the same computer. I did not see any error messages the last time I saved the file to alert me of the problem. Just saw the issue when I accessed the file today. I did make sure that I used fonts that were available with licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program created the original PDF? You can determine this by going to File> Properties> Description.

Also check the fonts, are they all embedded? If not, the PDF may display or print unpredictably. You might consider asking for the native file, so you can make your edits there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did check to make certain all used fonts were embedded in the PDF. It looks like I will just have to redo some of the edits on another copy of the file that looks okay.

Thank you for your help. I will look into Pitstop for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines