• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search & Redact with case-sensitive regular expressions

Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using regular expressions with the "search & remove text" feature in Acrobat X Pro by editing the file SearchRedactPatterns.xml, as can be learned here: http://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2011/05/creating_and_using_custom_redact/

I noticed, however, that my custom queries are always treated case-insensitive in Adobe, which they should not be. At least according to various online regex testers.

So, is there a way to tell Acrobat to make the Regex case-sensitive?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. 

I tried the "Case Senstive" option, but it only applies if you select the "Single Word or Phrase" option. I am trying to write a Pattern with regular expressions, so that "All" upper case words in the entire document are highligted.

Any sugesstions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread, but I don't see a newer one with the same question.  Did anyone ever resolve this?  I'm still seeing that custom redaction patterns are locked to being case-insensitive, even if the pattern itself implies case sensitivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines