• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting multiple objects

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does not appear to be a simple way to select multiple objects without having to use ctrl+ and mouse click every little tiny line and object. Why does the select tool not allow you to draw a box around objects you want selected so that you can move them or do whatever with them? Is there a tool or way of doing this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Found the answer! By going to Edit->Preferences->General and checking "Use single-key accelerators to access tools", then using the following chart : Keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Acrobat DC  , you will see that the "Select Object tool" is accessible by doing a shift+r (R). You will then have a pointer tool that can select object, unlike the standard pointer tool. Still looking to see how I can add this to my toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat are you using and exactly what tool are you using when you try to select multiple objects, and what OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer! By going to Edit->Preferences->General and checking "Use single-key accelerators to access tools", then using the following chart : Keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Acrobat DC  , you will see that the "Select Object tool" is accessible by doing a shift+r (R). You will then have a pointer tool that can select object, unlike the standard pointer tool. Still looking to see how I can add this to my toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing shown above and it worked. 

But I just use the shift key while selecting and it lets me select multiple objects.

I have to *save* the document before doing  multiple selecting on a different page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I wondered why [shift]-r was no longer working on my new computer and you solved it.  Kudos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thanks so much.

Researching how to add an icon to toolbar w/ this command...it'd be great if someone from Adobe world would let us know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  You could add it to the toolbar for easy access in my previous version of Acrobat, but Adobe took away toobar access.

I still need to use the Select Object Tool, but use it infrequently enough that I never remember the keyboard shortcut and always have to take the extra step of trying to figure out the shortcut.

Adobe, please allow us to put the Select Object Tool on the toolbar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add the Select Object tool to your toolbar by using Customize Quick Tools, then expanding the Rich Media drop down. Click on Select Object and the click the +up arrow icon on the right to add it to the Toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Justin261167541uy9   this is just for normal "Select Object" which allows you to only select one object at a time.  Unless I'm mistaken, I didn't see a "Rich Media" drop down item for "drag-select" multiple items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Select Object tool is from the Rich Media menu. I added a couple buttons (via the Rich Media menu) and used the Select Object tool to select them both by dragging a marquee around them. Only one had the dots around the edge. The other had a light-blue border to show it was also selected. I could then drag them both elsewhere in the document.
(Adobe Acrobat Pro Continuous Release Version 2023.001.20174)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I swear I looked in every possible tool group and didn't find it and...  You just found it for me.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines