• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separating a pdf into cover and text files

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone could help me create a script that would extract the first two and the last two pages of a document and then save the new four page document with _cov appended.

Step 2 would save what is remaining of the origianl documet with _text appended to the filename.

So from one document I would end up with two files (filename_cov.pdf) and (filename_text.pdf)

I work in a print shop and we receive single files for books. Because the print on different stocks I have been manually separating the covers from the text portion before imposing for print. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done with a custom-made script, but you would need to run it from a folder-level script or from an Action.

What version of Acrobat do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try677, I am running the latest version of Acrobat DC Pro. We have an adobe creative cloud subscription and I have run all the current updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me an action would be ideal. Running it would effect the file currently open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, although you could also run it on multiple files.

Basically, I would first extract the middle pages (using extractPages), save them as the "_text" file (using saveAs), then delete them from the original file (using deletePages) and save it as the "_cov" file.

If you're interested I could write this script for you for a small fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines