• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Custom Dynamic Stamps

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a collection of customized dynamic stamps with a touch of javascript functionality, and am trying to find a way to share the whole collection throughout my workspace. The best I've worked up so far is them creating a number of "blank slate" stamps, and by-hand copying over the form fields I've made in the set to their own blank slates. This isn't quite as elegant a solution as I was hoping for, but creating a new collection and replacing the Acobat-made custom stamp file with my own doesn't lead to the creation of new stamps, and simply selecting one of the custom stamps from the file as a new stamp replaces all of the dynamic aspects/functionality that's built into them.

Does anyone have recommendations on sharing the PDF containing my stamps with others?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

To change the stamp name, you have to change the template name that's used for each stamp page in the stamp file. Here's a tutorial that discusses this in detail: Creating a PDF Stamp File from Scratch - KHKonsulting LLC

You have to change the internal name to something that will be unique on each users system, which is easy to do. I'll often include a date and version number in the stamp name. Here's an example: #Clientname_AFL_Cursor_20160428-001=AFL

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stamps are actually nothing more than PDF files in a specific format, located in a specific folder. If you copy them from one computer to the other and place them in the same folder then they should appear in Acrobat (or Reader) and work just like before.

What's your version of Acrobat and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on Adobe Acrobat XI on Windows 7.

I'd thought for a bit that it would be that easy as well; however, if you drag a PDF containing your stamps into either of Acrobat's stamp folders (The user folder for custom stamps, or the ENU(English) folder in the Program Files folder for built-in stamps) then Adobe won't recognize the addition as a new group of Stamps.

If you go into a file Adobe recognizes as a PDF contain stamps, then replace one of the PDF pages with a new page/new stamp, Adobe will return an error when you try to access the stamp directory you just modified.

So yeah, I think I've tried what I think you're suggesting to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience it does recognize and add a new group to the Stamp tool when you install a stamp file in this file... But you must use the user folder, which in your case should be:

C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Stamps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the reason may be, that doesn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you be more specific? 

But in general, nothing has changed with stamps in a long time. They are the same in the new version as in the old. The only thing that has changed is the location of the stamp tools on the Acrobat user interface.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you created your stamps by modifying the dynamic stamps that ship with Acrobat, then you will need to rename the individual stamps in oder to copy your modified stamp file to other machines. Each stamp on your system must have a unique name or else there will be a conflict. If you need help renaming the stamps, post again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per your suggestion: Here I am, posting again.

How does one go about renaming stamps, and how will this translate into easily dropping my stamp profile into others' computers? I've seen guides that explain how a javascript script can be ran through the javascript debugger to pull a stamp name (Not the one I've assigned it, nor the name assigned to the Adobe-made PDF containing my custom stamps) for use in referencing the stamp itself withing the stamp's code. But the coding used in those guides returns errors when used with my version, and in explaining my understanding of their methods I'm unsure if I understand their methods at all.

Digressing: Could you elaborate? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the stamp name, you have to change the template name that's used for each stamp page in the stamp file. Here's a tutorial that discusses this in detail: Creating a PDF Stamp File from Scratch - KHKonsulting LLC

You have to change the internal name to something that will be unique on each users system, which is easy to do. I'll often include a date and version number in the stamp name. Here's an example: #Clientname_AFL_Cursor_20160428-001=AFL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines