• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show actual time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it is possible, I have a field that shows the time when the form was opened with the usual code:

var c = this.getField("TimeStamp");
c.value = util.printd ("HH:MM", new Date());

But I would like the time to change as time goes on. The user could have opened the form at 10:00, but took 20 minutes to fill the form, so I would like to see the 10:20 time shown.

Is there a way to see the actual time in a field?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Sure. You'd use the app.setInterval method. The code that it calls would be the same as you showed, but it easily be condensed to a single line. More information here: https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/#t=Acro12_MasterBook%2FJS_API_AcroJS%2Fapp_methods.htm%23TOC_setIntervalbc-34&rhtocid=_6_1_8_6_1_33

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. You'd use the app.setInterval method. The code that it calls would be the same as you showed, but it easily be condensed to a single line. More information here: https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/#t=Acro12_MasterBook%2FJS_API_Acro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked well on the desktop.

However on iPad it doesn't work, but it might be due to a limitation on the iPad, otherwise it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's a good idea to do a timer that goes on constantly, at least not for the purpose you mentioned. Why not just update the "TimeStamp" field when the file is saved, for example? You can use the Will Save document event to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this would make more sense, however I want to use it on the iPad and the user is actually never saving the form. When they are done completeing the form, they just hit a "Submit" button that is from the iPad app to upload the form to a server, so there is no actual save process from the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then add it to the Submit button's Mouse Up action...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Submit button is not a button created in the form.

It is a button from the App itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have the time check/change everytime a field is filled or a button is clicked?

Would I have to put the code in each of the field to check time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if you place the code under the custom calculation script of the text field.

You can use this:

event.value = util.printd ("HH:MM", new Date());

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines