Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spawn Page from Template with a Custom Name

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro,

Ok so most things i've been able to figure out myself, including how to name a page etc. This i can not seem to be able to figure out how to do if it's even possible to do...

I have created 2 pages that are templates, 1 is a calculator, the other is sales... i would like to be able to get it that when the page spawns from a button that it will spawn with the name of the actually page. so when you click on calculator it will spawn a page with the name calculator, and when it's sales it will say sales... There will only be 1 page of each so there will never be multiply pages of the same thing. The document is limited to 3 pages between the buttons that spawn pages.

With i also want to be able to have it that when someone pushes down with mouse on a checkmark that the page for example with the name sales will be deleted automatically. i can't do it by page numbers because sometimes there's only 2 pages, sometimes there's 3 and it depends on the spawn order to with one is which so deleting by page numbers isn't helping...

Any ideas would be helpful.

[Mod: Moved to relevant forum]

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the field names that are created on the newly created page? If so, Acrobat renames them automatically, in part based on the page number of the new page.

To keep track of which page is which when you spawn a template, you could store that information in a hidden field and later retrieve it, or search through the field names in the PDF to determine which page contains the sales or calculator fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I'm actually talking about the page name. Instead of 1, 2 ,3 etc. I want it to spawn with sales for one and then calculator for the other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines