• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

split drop down info into name, address, phone, etc...

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya everyone, I have a drop down which has info like this: Name, Address, Phone, City, State, Email, Customer's Name, Address, and so on. I think there's 10 entries all together. Everything is working fine but all the info populates into just one text field. The info is separated by commas like I typed here. The info is all one line of text when I created the drop down. So, what I'd like to do now is somehow to split the info into it's own field. The name would populate into the Name field, the address would populate the Address field and so on. But, you guessed it, I don't know if that can be done or how to do it. Can someone shed some light on how to accomplish this. Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the split method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the link and it's comes close to what I'm trying to do. I've downloaded a demo from Custom-made Adobe Scripts ​website. It's pretty cool and appears to be  very helpful time saving tool. I can choose a text file to import into a pdf drop down. Having names and addresses, etc. What I'd like to do, is from that imported list of names and addresses is to populate the corresponding text fields. The list is commas separated. The lines of imported text look like this - John Doe, 2222 Some Street, Los Angeles CA 90210, (310)555-1212, FAX (310)222-2222, Email pdfs@yippie.com. I would like to split this line of text into individual fields to then populate the fields. Well, that's probably as clear as mud. But, if you understand what I'm trying to do please chime in. I'm trying to learn whatever I can. I'll check back later. Thanks, folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines