• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange overprinting display that doesn't appear on separations

New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded to new iMac and re-installed Adobe CC. Since then every high resolution pdf i view has a strange "ghosting" effect of trim marks etc which only shows when viewing overprint - they do not appear in the separations preview nor do they appear when printing.

This appears on pdfs created by others and it does not affect anyone else in my group so is clearly a display error of some kind - any comments?

Test Grab.jpg

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Could you please share a sample buggy file, snapshot of behavior with separation preview vs that with overprint.

Regards,

Priyanka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyanka,

I updated Indesign CC yesterday and now all pdf's produced from either Illustrator or Indesign work exactly as expected.

I cannot replicate the problems I was having previously - which is good!

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I think I have a similar issue that the overprint cutter guides are ghosting when using Acrobat separation preview.

Images show cutter guides (strokes set to overprint) displayed and disabled. On the second image you can see ghosting. It also appears on the Magenta plate.

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra

InDesign 14.0.2

Illustrator 23.0.4

Acrobat : as per image (about won't let me copy/paste!)

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines