• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

submitForm not working on Edge

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My App web page display non XFA PDF and user can fill pdf fields, pdf have submitForm button to send form values to servlet and can save to database. This submitForm send form values in HTML so i can get values through request parameters. submitForm Action working in IE browser but its not working on Edge browser. Here is the sample script used behind submit button on PDF.
this.submitForm({ cURL: "/webcontext/Servlet?action=SaveToDB", aFields: null, cSubmitAs: "HTML"});
Is there any alternative to make it work in Edge Browser?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

HI ,

This is most likely a limitation in the Edge implementation of the PDF viewer, that is meaning it doesn't function as intended.

You could go to microsoft and see if they have any options for fixing ( a quick google and I couldn't find any). Other than that you could guide your users to use other platforms that do allow the form to submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI ,

This is most likely a limitation in the Edge implementation of the PDF viewer, that is meaning it doesn't function as intended.

You could go to microsoft and see if they have any options for fixing ( a quick google and I couldn't find any). Other than that you could guide your users to use other platforms that do allow the form to submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines