Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Table Column Calculations

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table in Acrobat 2017 form.  There are 2 columns for payments to utility vendors.  One for Gas One for Electric.  What I am trying to do is total each column then sum the 2 column totals.  I can create calculations  for the 2 columns alright then sum the 2 totals, but it doesn't work like I want it to.  The first column imports payments from our database, the second column payments have to be entered by our caseworkers.  The data imports fine into tcolumn 1 of the table but does not calculate until I enter an amount in the second column then all of the calculations happen.  If nothing is entered into the 2nd column no calculations happen so if the caseworker doesn't have a payment for column 2 all of the totals stay zero.  Can this operation be done with the "Value is the sum" calculation or will I have to use Java Script to get it to work like I want it.  I don't know how to write java script.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is not how the calculation happens, but the fact that importing data does not trigger the calculations.

If you're doing it with a script you can add a command to force a calculation after the import, or you could add a command to do it when the file is opened, or saved, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines