Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

take photo from mobile to field in pdf file

Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Newbie here. I have made a file (with Acrobat DC forms). This file shoud be sent to a worker (on his mobile phone or tablet that has Adobe DC installed). To dokument the job, I want him to take a photo and place it inn the file, and after he signs the form I want this to be returned to my email adress

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of mobile device is he using? That sort of thing won't work with any Adobe PDF viewers, but it can work with PDF Expert on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The users ar both iphone and android mobiles with free acrobat DC. Can I use a button with javscript like " event.target.buttonImportIcon();", this script works on PC with adobe reader but not on iphone or android. Is there a javascpript for ios and android for this?​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That script will work with PDF Expert on iOS, but nothing else that I'm aware of. Definitely not with any of Adobe's mobile PDF viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use PDF expert on my iphone or android device, will there be a button that that could take a picture from the mobile and place it directly in the pdf dokument that is recieved in email?

Will the PDF expert also do a return to sender (mailto:xxx@xxxxx.no) automatically when signed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Expert is only available on iOS, not Android. The method you'd use is the JavaScript you posted earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi will PDF Expert be able to taka a photo inside a form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the button that has the buttonImportIcon script attached is pressed, the user will be prompted to take a picture (or select one from the camera roll) and the picture will appear as the button's icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, If i make a button with javascript mailto(xxx@xxxxx.no) will the app auomatically open the iphone email app, attach the pdf dokum,ent with forms fillled and send to the right email adress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the android alternative for PDF Expert in which inserting a picture into PDF form works using javascript " event.target.buttonImportIcon();": PDF viewer by pspdfkit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, but this PDF viewer (pspdfkit) can't show date function, like adobe PDF viewer do

i hope, there is solution for this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines