• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Field Calculations with Checkbox Activation Canceling Each Other Out

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have minumal experience in Java/coding, but understand the basics due to some programming classes I've taken in the past. I'm making an order form that a customer can change the quantity entered and add it to their order with a Checkbox. There is a suggested quantity that will already be entered. I have managed to create multiple Text fields with a script to calculate the price(Total) that is activated by a Checkbox. Next to each Text field is the Checkbox that turns the field "Off" or "On". It works fine with one, but I have 7 and each time I enter a new calualation in a new, unrelated field, it randomely cancels out the some of fields above it. See below. All are checked, so all should have the Total price entered.PDF.Fields.Front.jpgPDF.Fields.jpg

I was originally using these scripts in each of the Total Text fields.

1. event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST NE").value*30; event.value = 0;(this.getField("Check Box1").value!="On")
  2. event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST WPA").value*35; event.value = 0;(this.getField("Check Box2").value!="On")
  3. event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST NYC").value*20; event.value = 0;(this.getField("Check Box3").value!="On")
  4. event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST WST").value*75; event.value = 0;(this.getField("Check Box4").value!="On")
  5. event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST PW").value*20; event.value = 0;(this.getField("Check Box5").value!="On")
  6. event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST ROB").value*35; event.value = 0;(this.getField("Check Box6").value!="On")
  7. event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST GS").value*10; event.value = 0;(this.getField("Check Box7").value!="On")

I thought it might have something to do with the Checkbox value only being listed as "On". So I changed the code to this, which also works for only one Text field:

this.getField("Check Box1").value!="On";event.target.value=this.getField("QTY ST NE").value*30;this.getField("Check Box1").value!="Off";event.value = 0

I cannot figure out how to fix the probem and don't understand why an additional Text field would alter the result of another, with no coding related to it.

I thought the file might be corrupted and started from scratch, but experienced the same problem.

I'm really hoping this is a simple fix/oversite on my end, like changing the name of the of the Quantity Textboxes.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

You can read about scripting with checkboxes here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Checkboxes-and-Radio-Buttons.cfm

And this article discusses, and has an example of using a checkbox to control a calculation:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-do-not-so-simple-form-calculations/

Now here's an exampe of the script you should be using

if(this.getField("Check Box1").value!="Off")
     event.value=this.getField("QTY ST NE").value*30;
else
    event.value = 0;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can read about scripting with checkboxes here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Checkboxes-and-Radio-Buttons.cfm

And this article discusses, and has an example of using a checkbox to control a calculation:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-do-not-so-simple-form-calculations/

Now here's an exampe of the script you should be using

if(this.getField("Check Box1").value!="Off")
     event.value=this.getField("QTY ST NE").value*30;
else
    event.value = 0;

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly, Thom! Thank you so much! I appreciate the articles too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. I'd appreciate it if you marked it as a best answer 🙂

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines