• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text has overflowed the page boundary

Explorer ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying and pasting a few pages of text paragraphs into a new PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  The error "text has overflowed the page boundary". 

What settings are needed in Acrobat Pro DC to allow text to overflow from one page to another?   I know how to do this in Livecycle but client cannot afford reader extensions so I need to produce their PDF's in Pro DC.  Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you'd normally do is create the source document in a word processor or layout program like InDesign and generate a PDF, and then add the form fields in Acrobat. This is far better than using the text editing tools that are available in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yuck.  I appreciate your answer however I don't like repeating effort.  It would be really cool if Adobe offered a proper solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution to what, exactly? Acrobat is used to generate PDFs and enhance/edit PDFs. You can paste your existing text into a word processor where you'll have the control you need over the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multi page forms that are not easily designed in a word processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing in Acrobat is far harder than in a Word Processor or page editing like InDesign. What Acrobat can do today in editing is far beyond what editing a PDF was like when Acrobat first came out. Acrobat was designed to exchange formatted documents with text and images that were created in other word processors.

When Acrobat first came out there were very few or no word processors or editors that could even exchange their document files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try highlighting the overflowed text, and on the right-hand side of the page select character spacing (the AV with the arrow underneath) and change it to 0 or more. Might not work for everybody but worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this isn't working for me. I literally just want to take the paragraph that is on the 2nd page and make it fit to the first page but when I try to cut and paste it says:

text has overflowed the page boundary.

Does anyone know how to fix this . ?

When I cut and paste, it puts the paragraph in an odd place or disappears or is in a completely different font and I am unable to get it back to the original font.

I really don't want to have to re do my entire document 

HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Direct answer:split the text and paste the pieces on each page. I support the suggestion that you should do this in a word processor to make the static text behind the form, less pain overall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines