When I click "add text comment", the bottom half of the text is cut off when I start typing text, no matter the size text I choose. Then it takes some magical incantation for the text box border/ perimeter to stay 'visible' while I click on it and drag the box bigger until the entire letter is visible. How do I change the default size of the add text comment area so that when I start typing the entire letter is visible? PLUS- how do I make the text box visible so I can drag the borders & resize? I can not seem to figure it out, it just sort of stays visible after about a million clicks. Whoever made these sweeping "improvements" since about March of last year seems to want people to run away from this product as fast as they can. It WAS a fabulous product in the many years prior. Now I try to avoid it as much as possible. Sorry, but it is true...
You need to do it properly. To add comment try to add a comment box by this method.
1. Click on comment Menu and then on Text Box Tool
2. Click the Arrow button
3. Click inside the area to highlight it and click Properties Button
4. Now click
3. Set the properties:
Here are your instructions & what I did:1. Click on comment Menu and then on Text Box Tool - This was successful. I got my text box....
2. Click the Arrow button - This to was OK...
3. Click inside the area to highlight it and click Properties Button - I clicked (both left & right), the box border highlighted, but never inside the box... 4. Now click
- Key F4 - when I did this, the magnification of the page changed...
3. Set the properties: I do not know what you mean by this... This is not "intuitive" to me. (I know to you that may sound dumb, but do you know how to prep a formula 1 race plane so it is safe & fast, set valve clearances & sync dual side-draft carbs in cars & motorcycles? Those are easy for me...). Do you mean go to the preference & property option in the "edit" tab at the top of the page, or the property box the comes up when you click on the text box? I did see a "properties" option in a pop-up box when I clicked inside the text box. I clicked "properties", and in the "text box properties" box put a check in the 'make properties default' tick box. That did not make the box size default, as the next box I made was the same small size as before. The text fits in the small box UNTIL I click to 'set' the box - the box border actually goes UP & to the right a tiny bit & a larger border appears over the letters & the border at the bottom disappears as does the bottom half of the letters. The text box seems to shift while the letters remain stationary. Although for some reason it is now a simple one step to grab the box & manually enlarge it. I will accept that much victory for now. Your instructions were not complete enough for me to reset the default box size. I do not wish to pursue this any further at this time, it is not imperative. Thanks for your time & help...Doug
From: paulh54619783 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: Doug Reed <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2016 2:59 AM
Subject: text in "add text comment" is cut off
text in "add text comment" is cut off
created by paulh54619783 in Commenting & Collaboration - View the full discussionHello dougr37049071, You need to do it properly. To add comment try to add a comment box by this method.
1. Click on comment Menu and then on Text Box Tool
2. Click the Arrow button3. Click inside the area to highlight it and click Properties Button4. Now click
- Key F4
3. Set the properties: If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8849486#8849486 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8849486#8849486 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Commenting & Collaboration by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.
You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences
This are no instructions for Adobe Acrobat.
Did this ever get solved? I'm having the same problem. I can only expand the text box when I switch the type of text I'm using (from text comment to text box, for example). This is primarily happening in the text comment mode. I was using this feature and it changed from one document to another, it took a minute at the most to switch between them. It's technically fixable, but highly inconvenient, expecially when it worked as it should moments ago.
i found a workaround. at the end of your text comment, add a few additional line spaces (hit return key) and then a period. this will force the complete text of your comment to appear when someone hovers over it.