• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit"

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten the RIKLA from Adobe. And I use the example code BasicPlugin(you can download it from Adobe wetsite) as my plug_in, then, I made the api file according to the steps in document in the "Creating an Adobe Reader Plug_in" section of the "Developping Plug_ins and Applications". As last,I copy the api file to plug_ins folder, open Adobe Reader 8. I saw under the Tool memu there is a new menu named Acrobat sdk so that I think the api file is loaded successfully by Acrobat reader. But an error appears, it is "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit". Can someone tell me why?Thank you.
TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using pirate version of babylon 8, right? i'm so sure about it... Rename BabylonRPI.api inC:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\ to anythinge.g BabylonRPI.api_OLD or just delete it ! i will not copy api to acrobat reader plugin dir again at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins  ENJOY... please support the developer when u buy it ... using genuine software ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a Evaluation version of Babylon, and babylon had the nerve to ask me to purchase that software! Even after it messed up Adobe Reader 9, which I use all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know which Babylon it was. It was the free on on the

internet about a month ago.

bw99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the free version. But you can imagine: if the free version is for

encouraging you buy the professional one, you must forget to install

any Babylon version if you want to use Adobe Reader.

El 05/08/10 14:52, bullwinkle99 escribió:

Sorry, I don't know which Babylon it was. It was the free on on the

internet about a month ago.

bw99

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not pirated software trial software straight off there website. We all

support our developers assuming that they make a product that works. It's

not like Adobe is a small fry in the software world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce, click start then, click My Computer, then left double click Local Dic:C, then left double click Program Files, then left double click Adobe, then left double click Reader 9, then left double click Reader, then delete Plug_ins, delete Plug_ins3d and delete SPPlugins. Now exit and go to Add and Remove Programs and Remove Adobe 9, after removeing then go to Adobe. com and download again. You should be up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I have Solved This Problem Via SPPI and 3d Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2011 Apr 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks your solution for an error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version I am using is the Adobe Reader X (10.1.2). I also got the same problem which allows me no chance to fix it when I click ok on the popup. I tried to repair it with the installation file, but I got another problem- cannot find some kinda file. Damn...I've never got this bug before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a plug-in error after I received a loaner laptop from IT. I tried to remove and reinstall Reader 10.3.1 and had the same error. (No Babylon installed)

The plug-in error was due to some old plug ins that were still installed on the PC. Make sure all your plugins have the latest dates. I found a plug in dated 1999, one dated 2000 and another dated 2003. Once these were removed from the plugin folder, I was able to launch Acrobat Reader 10.3.1 with no errors.

Path for plugins:  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\plug_ins

Good Luck All!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plugins or other programs installed on the computer system may cause problems with the good functioning of software such as Adobe Reader. If an invalid plugin is detected by Adobe Reader, the program will not be able to start. Adobe Reader quits as there may be some other program such as Babylon translation installed on the computer system. In computer systems with the Babylon translation tool installed, Adobe Reader 8.1 quits due to an invalid plugin error. Re-installing Adobe Reader will not solve the problem. The only solution is to uninstall either the Babylon translation tool or Adobe Reader. Free 2V0-620 Dumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines