• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorial to export data

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 21 computers linked together via a switch.  20 of which will be used as clients and one as a server.  Each client will have a pdf form saved to its desktop.  (The form can't be saved on the server because connection will be lost between starting and submitting). The form is a worksheet that will be filled out by students. I would like to create a submit button on this form that extracts the data from the pdf and submits it to the server.  The server will then process the data (grade) and provide feedback to the student if they passed or failed. The problem is I'm not sure what the best route is to accomplish this.

I'm familiar with html, php, and javascript but its been over a decade since I've written any code.

I know this will be quit a bit of code but if someone could point me in the right direction of where to start I'd appreciate it.  Better yet, if there's a GUI interface that automates such a process that be even better. Thanks in advace!

Steps:

-extract data from form via button on form (javascript)

-use html request to post data to server via php

-server receives data

--validates/grades it

--stores data

--provides feedback to client

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of this functionality is outside of the PDF environment. The PDF part is easy: You just create a submit button that then submits the form data as HTML forms submission to a URL. This is pretty straight forward. The hard part is what you need to do on the server, and again, that's unrelated to PDF, so you will need to talk to somebody with a strong web background. Where we then enter the world of PDF again is with presenting the results to the user. You will have to figure out how exactly this should look. Do you want to fill in a field on the document that the user filled out? Do you want to create a popup that displays the information? We need a bit more information about this last step.

You can take a look at this tutorial, it talks about moving data back and forth, so you might be able to get a few ideas: Connect to Database from PDF Form - This Time Without SOAP - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines