• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to disable email option by denying PDPermReqOprUIemail permission.

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a plugin where it creates and opens a secured PDF file. As part of opening the secured PDF file I am using AVDocOpenFromPDDocWithParams and specifying callback for the permissions. The other options for disabling the print and save, seems to work fine as part of the callback. However, I am unable to disable the email button by denying "'PDPermReqOprUIemail'' as per the logs this particular permission was never requested. Is this feature broken or am I doing something wrong?

On similar lines, starring this document is also uploading this document to the cloud, how can this also be disbaled?

Thanks in advance.

params.usePermReqProc = true;
            params.permReqProc = pPermReqCallback;

PermReqCallback(AVDoc doc, PDPermReqObj obj, PDPermReqOpr opr)
{
    // Deny permission to enable the email button
    if (PDPermReqOprUIemail == opr) {
        return 1;
    }

//Handle other permission request cases....
}

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry don't see the connection to recent files list. Accurate titles are important if you want experienced people to reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thank you for pointing this, not sure how the title got updated to my previous post. Looks like some bug. I will update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"On similar lines, starring this document is also uploading this document to the cloud, ... "

What does you mean with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option to "star the file"  in Acrobat DC. When that option is clicked the documents are uploaded to cloud and will be accessible on all the devices where the same user logs in. How to disable that option for this secured file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable this in the preferences of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant how to disable it in C++ Acrobat plugin ? Is there any API which I can leverage to disable this option only for the secured files which the plugin creates and opens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that there no API for this new function.

Why want you disable this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a secured PDF which was created and opened by the plugin, so even if the user manages to upload it, he will not be able to open it on any other machine. Hence I want to disable that functionality to provide better User Experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines