• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Acrobat DC - Again. Does anyone genuinely like DC?

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got back from uninstalling Acrobat DC on another 3 user's systems and reverting them back to Acrobat XI. It's like a virus - once a user hears that it's actually possible to revert back to XI, they all want to revert. I personally hated Acrobat DC, I think it's harder to use, it's simplified interface causes more grief then it solves, it buries important things under layers of commands, and the bright white interface / contrast issue is a hilariously awful design decision. I gave it a few weeks and got rid of it, but as a sysadmin, I'm also not using it as much as my users who are constantly working / editing / signing / combining PDF files.

I feel like I'm missing something that DC must offer my users, but they all universally hate it. I am curious if anyone else has had this experience with DC or find it in any way better than XI?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not me, but then i couldn't figure out how to do anything (eg, add a signature, edit text) with acrobat xi without googling it.

so, it's probably an issue of your xi expertise.  if you knew how to do something in xi, you have to relearn how to do it with dc.  if you didn't know how to do it in xi, there's nothing to relearn and, imo, it's much more intuitive to figure out how to do something in dc than previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad wrote:

not me, but then i couldn't figure out how to do anything (eg, add a signature, edit text) with acrobat xi without googling it.

so, it's probably an issue of your xi expertise.  if you knew how to do something in xi, you have to relearn how to do it with dc.  if you didn't know how to do it in xi, there's nothing to relearn and, imo, it's much more intuitive to figure out how to do something in dc than previous versions.

That's a pretty good point. All my users have been using Acrobat since v6 so they're used to the workflow that the older versions provide. They still think it's harder / more clicks / more screwing around to do the same tasks in DC, plus that white page contrast issue drives them nuts. As long as I can still sub to CC and not use DC, they'll be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with your cc subscription, afaik, you will have access to acrobat xi and later versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have been using Adobe since CS2 or 3 and hate Acrobat DC. Unfortunately my company forced me to upgrade my Mac OS to Catalina for security reasons. Cannot work out how to change preferences to make DC look and act more like XI so have bought a second hand Mac running Yosemite and run XI on that with files shared using DropBox. Really inefficient and would pay big bucks for a 64 bit version of XI so I can dump DC. Looking into non-Adobe alternatives but a shame since I have a full subscription to all Adobe products..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines