• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use bookmark names for filenames is greyed out

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am trying to split a multipage PDF into single pages I do not get the option to use the bookmark names as file names, it is greyed out.  Both of the "Add label" options are available.... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

I had the same issue. 

Before you can select split by bookmarks, you will have to change the "Split by" field from "Number of pages" to "Top Level Bookmarks."  Then revise the Output Options to be the bookmark name.  Then select "Split."

Let me know if this doesn't work, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. 

Before you can select split by bookmarks, you will have to change the "Split by" field from "Number of pages" to "Top Level Bookmarks."  Then revise the Output Options to be the bookmark name.  Then select "Split."

Let me know if this doesn't work, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do you find this option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Susang,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. You will find these options in the Organize Pages tool in Acrobat Pro. You can search for the tool in Tools section or can navigate from the Right-hand pane in Acrobat Pro.

For detailed information, refer to Rotate, move, delete, and renumber PDF pages in Adobe Acrobat

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS

WAS

AMAZING!

Thank you for this workaround. Why IND can't you script this into your new version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use bookmark names for filenames is greyed out.

Hello, I am having this issue after installing Acrobat pro and When I try to split -> output option -> use bookmark names for file names is Greyed out.

Any Suggestion/Answers to resolve this issue would be great help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well.  I'm followed the previous steps.  This wasn't an issue until the most recent update a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rolled back to previous version now. It's working fine for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Remains greyed out no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot select "Use bookmark names"... tried updating the security options as suggested in an older thread, still no luck. This is a huge workflow problem, as it will take hours to split and rename by hand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to the previous version as noted above.  After restarting the program, I was able to "Use bookmark names" again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone! I found a workaround for this that will make the option work again. When you are in ORGANIZE PAGES-- and then click on SPLIT-  Selecting- Split By Top Level Bookmarks. (There will be 2 options below- SPLIT MULTIPLE FILES and OUTPUT OPTIONS. First select SPLIT MULTIPLE FILES... Then CANCEL. Once you do that you will then be able to click on OUTPUT OPTIONS and the USE BOOKMARK NAMES FOR FILE NAMES option will be selectable! Hope this helps for now until Adobe fixes the issue. If you go directly to OUTPUT OPTIONS (Even if you have selected Top level bookmarks)- you cannot select the USE BOOKMARK NAMES FOR FILE NAMES option unless you first select to Split Multiple Files, and cancel that option first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless you, Kris VanderVies! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life today! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I've been fighting this all day, trying multiple things, but this worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked--I hope they fix this bug in the next update. 🙂 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works! How in the world did you figure that out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude for your exceptional brilliance and the invaluable assistance you provided!! Again, immensely thankful for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was exteremely helpful! It would have been a long, painful process to do manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been frustrating. I have wasted at least two hours trying to get this to work. Is it possible to do a video tutorial? I used to be able to generate a TOC with page numbers with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines