• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Using a form to auto generate a letter

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am not sure the best way to approach this or if it's possible. 

I am looking for a way to auto generate a letter based on the selections in a pdf form (the fillable form is already created)

The problem is that based on the form selections the paragraphs can be all different sizes making it hard to format. 

Currently I have multiple text boxes with custom calculation scripts in all of them so the text boxes auto populate with the proper paragraph (based on check boxes and dropdowns) but this method does not seem that efficient. After the form is completed all of the text boxes are filled in with the correct paragraph but I am then exporting it to a word document and formatting the whole letter which is a challenge at times (depending on how it exported). I have to format line spaces, indentations, and margins (basically all basic layout formatting).

Is there a better way out there ? 

The goal is to fill out the form and have the entire letter auto generate and just be ready to print. 

Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files are not really suited for that kind of task.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the formatting is not overly complex and the letter does not cross a page boundary, then yes this is possible to do entirely in a PDF in Acrobat.

Look at the rich text options for Form fields. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines