Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Dialog Box to add to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've been attempting to use a dialog box to add two new cases within my PDF form on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I used Javascript customize the inputs and have tested it using the debugger. However, it will not let me access/use the data passed in the box or add it to the form itself.

Here's the simple dialog box:

Two cases: observations and references.

Click Okay

Now I want that data to automatically load onto the page. How can I implement a functional dialog box like that for my user?

Thanks for the help in advance. I'm new to this and I want to make the user experience as easy as I can. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did not really share any code, so it's hard to give you exact instructions, but basically you need to define variables before the dialog to hold this data, then use the dialog's commit function to apply the values entered into it (using the store method to access them) to those variables, which you can then use in the rest of your code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines