• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What app do I download from the app store for Adobe Acrobat DC that will allow me to edit pdf documents on my Ipad?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me what App I need to download in order to edit pdf on Ipad?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the query.

You can download the app for iPad from here: Free mobile app and PDF viewer for iPad | Adobe Acrobat DC

For making simple edits, here is the tutorial from 2015: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-make-simple-edits-on-ipad

Regards,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is for Mac and Windows only. There are online services for mobile devices, but no editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the query.

You can download the app for iPad from here: Free mobile app and PDF viewer for iPad | Adobe Acrobat DC

For making simple edits, here is the tutorial from 2015: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-make-simple-edits-on-ipad

Regards,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just spent an hour with technical support web chat trying to get an answer to a very simple question but they refused to help, instead directing me to this help forum, so I really hope that someone can answer my question because I am real close to pressing cancel on my subscription.

Adobe made a big song and dance when I was purchasing the product that i could edit PDFs on my mobile device. Excited with the flexibility this offered, I immediately signed up and paid for my subscription. I then went to my mobile device and was immediately disappointed as there was no edit option? I signed out, signed back in, rebooted my device. Watched tutorials but nope. Still no wise.

See screen shot, there is no edit mode on my iPhone?

Please help.

IMG_9436.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is available on a iPad, not iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok. I did think as much but there is no documentation to say so that i could find. Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. You would have thought their online support chat team could have answered that question without me having to spend an hour going through the process and then having to log a question on this forum. Baffles me why they just didn't say it was only for the iPad, could have saved a world of grief and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information is in the manual of Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've already received your answer, but let me add this: Whenever you say "edit" in the context of PDF documents, that term "edit" could mean many different and completely unrelated things. For some people, editing only means modifying the static content of a PDF file, for others, it means filling in form fields, and a third group might consider adding annotations (sticky notes, highlights, ...) as editing. There are a lot more things that could be considered editing. Some of these flavors of editing are possible with the mobile version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, others are not, some are only possible when you have a subscription to one or more Document Cloud services.

If the information that was provided so far does not answer your question, please be more specific about what exactly you mean by editing a PDF document, when you come back for a followup question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to be able to deposit check into my ussa Acount from my phone or I pad. $815 amount seem like a lot for just depositing check. I do not want to pay for an up grad. Is there a app an Adobe for my iphone and ipad that will do that for $15 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines