• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What functions should be verified by the sigValidate( ) function of the plugin?

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have a pdf file that is digitally signed using a certificate and timestamp.

And I want to verify this document in plugin's sigValidate( ) function and display the valid, invalid, etc.
The DocSign sample programs appear to be comparing only digest hash values in the sigValidate function.

Is it sufficient to verify the digest hash value here?
Or do I need to verify other parts (such as certificate or timestamp verification)?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Checking digest values tells you whether the document has been modified since it was signed, but it does not check the authenticity of the signature. A full validation will check the certificate chain back to the certifying authority. openssl might be your friend here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking digest values tells you whether the document has been modified since it was signed, but it does not check the authenticity of the signature. A full validation will check the certificate chain back to the certifying authority. openssl might be your friend here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand.

But, I only want to check the digest value in my plugin.
I would like to use the results of the test performed by the acrobat reader for the certificate chain and time stamp inspection.
Is this possible?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean.

Acrobat reader offers excellent implementation of certificate verification and time stamp verification.
I want to use this function that works well.
I just want to add one more validation (e.g., marked as expiring 10 days after signing) to existing document validation features.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines