• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my signature suddenly gone?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a saved signature in Adobe that whenever I needed to sign a doc, I clicked "place signature" and an image of my signature was available to drag onto the doc. Now, when I try, it's saying "To begin signing, choose the 'Drag New Signature Rectangle' button, and then drag out the area where you would like your signature to appear." I don't understand where my signature went. I have been using it for years. I can still place my initials. What is going on?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

If your have signed a document before your signatures would be saved but you would need choose a location where you want to place it and it would automatically be placed there.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is false, because when I place the box to sign, i get another screen that says "Add or create a digital ID to sign and encrypt documents. The certificate that comes with your digital ID is sent to others so that they can verify your signatures." Then it asks me to either create a new digital ID or use an existing one with 1) a file 2) a roaming digital ID accessed via a server 3) a device connected to this computer. I've tried all three of the options and they don't work.

I never had to do this crap before. My signature was saved and I just dragged it into my documents. Why is this happening?I just want to sign documents without all this hassle!! I want it to go back to the way it was before!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

What happens when you choose the the option "use an existing one"?

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated: To choose an existing digital ID, I need to select 1) a file 2) a roaming digital ID accessed via a server 3) a device connected to this computer. None of those work. I don't have any of these.

Here is what I think the problem is. I do not want to do a digital signature with a digital ID. I just want an electronic signature as an image. How do I just get back to having Adobe let me place the non-secure image of my signature that I have been using? I am extremely annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what happened: Someone sent me a file that required a digital certificate and it wiped out my saved image for my electronic signature and defaulted in every PDF to asking me for a digital certificate. This is so dumb. I have to add a new image of my signature to get it back. Ugh. Why is your software set up this way? For anyone reading thread, you need to "clear saved signature" and add a new one. Incredibly obnoxious and a gigantic waste of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please tell the version of Acrobat you are working on .

If you are on windows ,try to update it on the latest patch.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had 2 digital signatures and one of them disappeared. I'm working on Acrobat 9 (standard 9.5.5)

Please advise. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2 forms open to sign this today, managed to do one but for the 2nd one my signature had gone!

using Fill & Sign tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same nightmare.  Thanks for the update nightmare Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me and I've wasted a good part of this morning trying to solve the problem. It would have been quicker just to print the form out, sign it, and then scan it in again! Why, why, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lost signature was found when I signed in using a password rather than google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happened to me.  I had apparently gotten signed out.  Signed back in with my Adobe creds and then my signatures were back again.  Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the tool "Fill & Sign" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're using "Fill&Sign" tool in Acrobat XI with e-signature (typed,  drawn, image). Is this correct?

If this is the case then you at some point, perhaps unintentionally, selected 'Use a certificate'. Acrobat remembers the last signature style you used and starts with it the next time you want to sign. That's why you get "To begin signing, choose the 'Drag New Signature Rectangle' button..." alert. To go back to using e-signature, click on the small rectangle to the right of the "Place Signature" label and select "Change Saved Signature". You'll get a dialog which allows you to select signature style and create it. You may need to recreate your signature, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, turned out when the software updated it signed me out and didn't sign me back in. I just had to find a sign in button and my signatures re-appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me today; I've tried everything... no luck.  I used it just yesterday and today... its gone.  

This has cost me too much time; easier to print, sign and scan, albeit not as convenient. Might as well quit using Adobe and save the $.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I typically just click the signature pen to get my saved signatures, but one day, they were gone. I verified I was signed in. It was just gone. I ended up making a snipping tool png copy from one of my other signed documents and used that as my signature. Then, next time I needed to sign, my original signature reappeared.  Now it is gone again.  This is a real hassel. It is extremely difficult to create a signature that looks real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines