• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wordpress Adobe Acrobat programming issue

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF programming issue: I have a Certificate of completion (currently in JPG format) that I issue to Customers on a Wordpress-based website I am building. When a Customer passes my technical online test(s), I want my website to automatically create a downloadable, uneditable, PDF of my Certificate, with the Customer's Name and Date placed in specific areas of my Certificate image. I want to program this capability into my website. Any specific advice is appreciated! Thank you, John  2-12-2020

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would require using a server-side script or application to populate the blank PDF template on the fly with the client's information, and then you would need to call it through WordPress. It's not really related to Acrobat, though, as it's not a server-side application and can't be used for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot create a PDF from a website with Acrobat. Acrobat is a purely desktop tool. To create PDFs you need a PDF Library. There are many of these. Some are free for developement. Others are just cheap and easy to use, such as QuickPDF. There are also other types of PDF tools for use on a server.  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try67 and Thom_Parker, thank you. This on the fly PDF generation and manipulation is the heart of my website, so your provided comments help me greatly. I am a one-man band here developing this website, so this PDF capability represents likely my biggest technical challenge, as the majority of the remaining website work is either already completed or solidly within my level of technical capability. So again I appreciate any/all technical guidance and input as a figure this out.

Thank you, 

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you decide you require help implementing it feel free to contact me privately (via try6767 at gmail.com), as I've developed similar solutions for my clients in the past, and could certainly do the same for you, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines