• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashed and I lost all highlights and comments. Even of saved files. How do I recover them?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked through the forum's here and seen quite a number of similar experiences, although mostly from 3-4 years ago. Is there really no way to recover the highlights and comments? This is hours of work. Is acrobat really that unstable?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mavanui ,

If the changes made were not saved in the saved in document before application crashed,there is no possible way to restore them.

Would like to inform that you need to make all the changes again within the document.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yatharth,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As mentioned in my initial comment, the issue is that the files had in fact been saved as I was working on them. Acrobat crashed and my saved highlights and comments were no longer there. It seems Acrobat is not a very stable platform for this type of work. I've noticed this is an issue going back many years for quite a few Acrobat users. It would be great if Acrobat worked on a backup solution so that when it crashes, crucial work can be retrieved.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mavanui ,

You may fill the Feature Request form for this feature :- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still a heaping pile of garbage 2 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines