• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Crashes when scanning from Brother MFC-L6700DW

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the complete brother driver/software on 2 different Windows 10 PCs and get the exact same result.  The printer prints just fine and communicates.  However Acrobat crashes when I try to scan from Acrobat X. I have 3 other Brother printers setup on the same PCs and can scan ok from them.

1. Open Acrobat
  2. Click Create, From Scanner, Custom Scan
  3. Select TW-Brohter MVC - L6700DW LAN from scanner selection
  4. Click scan
  5. The Reading from device box appears
  6. The printer scans all pages
  7. An error message appears, Adobe Acrobat has stopped working
TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Hi rjory10 ,

Would like to inform that this problem may be due to compatibility issues of Acrobat X , as its not compatible with Win 10.

Refer to this article :- Adobe Acrobat system requirements

However, you may try these steps :-

Follow this thread to reset the preferences for the Acrobat software :- How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Then open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

Refer to this article :- Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rjory10 ,

Would like to inform that this problem may be due to compatibility issues of Acrobat X , as its not compatible with Win 10.

Refer to this article :- Adobe Acrobat system requirements

However, you may try these steps :-

Follow this thread to reset the preferences for the Acrobat software :- How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Then open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

Refer to this article :- Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have near the same issues. I am using Adobe Acrobat X Pro with my TW-Brother MFC-L5850DW LAN. I am running Windows 8.1. I get to scanning, it doesn't even scan one page before I get an error message that Adobe has stopped working. When it does this, and I try to scan again, Adobe can't find that printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is an older version, which was expired last year.

Please try trail version of latest acrobat from Download Adobe Acrobat free trial | Acrobat Pro DC and run same workflow you are using.

Also please update drivers of scanner and try some solution available under:

Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still happens to me and I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2017.009.20044.  Very annoying after I scan a 20 page document to receive an error and automatic closing of Adobe DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Acrobat Pro is no better with windows 10 and Brother MFC L6700 and MFC 8950 DW.  Solutions or find a different PDF application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this problem with Acrobat Pro DC, Windows 10 Professional, and a Brother MFC-J6935DW. Sometimes after three or four scans it works and doesn't crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines