• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC keeps crashing my Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC keeps crashing my computer. It takes forever to load to see comments and then if I leave Acrobat open, I eventually get the spinning rainbow of death and have to force restart my Mac. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still happening. This is not an issue on my MacBook, but having problems with it on my iMac. Help please, because I use Acrobat constantly for my business.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kristink87021702 ,

Please try referring this article : Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software  and follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in it .

Let us know the exact Acrobat version and the Mac version you have .

Let us know if this helps.

Regards

Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5. I am running the Adobe DC (cloud subscription). If the program is left open it will end up freezing my computer. I also noticed when I click to read the comments my clients are leaving on my pdfs it takes forever to load - and it is not necessarily because of the number of comments. It will take forever with one comment or 100 comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not answered. Can anyone help? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still happening. If Ieave Acrobat open, InDesign will freeze up with the spinning rainbow and I will have to restart computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI kristink87021702, I am having the same issue. I operates as normal for the first period. But after a length of time it will freeze with spinning wheel. then every application I have open will then freeze and I then have to force quit the Apps or Just force shutdown the computer. I am on a Late 2013 27inch iMac, running OS X 10.11.6, with Acrobat DC Pro, Version 2015.020.20039.

This is becoming extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am experiencing the same issue. I not only reinstalled Acrobat. I completely wiped my hard drive and rebuilt my Mac from fresh install. Still experiencing the same problem.

I have a 2014 iMac 27"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, Acrobat DC Pro has been a disaster from day one. Now I can't even print without the app crashing. Can we go back to the solid reliable version we had before CC? (And preferably without the "my first Acrobat" interface!)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ahesharpe,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please try updating the app to the latest update patch available. If you are using windows, try repairing, to repair, launch Acrobat>Help>Repair Installation. Restart your machine and try again.

If the above suggestion doesn't help, try enabling Hidden Admin account if you have personal windows machine or Root account if it personal Mac machine. If this is a business machine, please check with IT if they can help you with this.

Let us know if these suggestions help you any.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines