• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC not installing on latest version of El Capitan

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac recently crashed and I had to reinstall El Capitan and all my other programmes. Everything installs perfectly (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) except for Acrobat DC. I've downloaded directly from Acrobat's website as well as through Creative Cloud but no luck. Several Adobe technicians helped me remotely but Acrobat simply do not want to install. I've looked into permissions and deactivate Firewall, Eset virus security, user profile and everything, but it still do not want to load. It loads up to 'running the package scripts' and then hangs and do not want to go any further. Is there any other advice or solution I could follow? Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronel‌,

Restart your Mac & then try downloading/installing Acrobat DC using this link https://creative.adobe.com/products/acrobat

If this issue persist, uninstall CC using this cleaner tool Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems & reinstall it.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Aadesh. I've had a technician came in and he did a clean sweep with Cloud Cleaner and a reinstallation, but the problem persist. I've also tried to install Acrobat through safe mode, even created a whole new admin and installed in on that side and nothing is working. Acrobat is crucial to my work and I'm sitting hands in my hair at the moment. I'm trying to work on open source Skim in the meantime, but it doesn't allow me to copy and paste information made on notes from a client's Acrobat pdf docs and some changes simply doesn't pick up. I desperately need a solution! Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronel‌,

Please contact our support team, they will help you to get this issue fixed.

Follow this link Contact Customer Care, Sign In using your Adobe ID & click on "Still need help? Contact us" button to initiate chat/call.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Aadesh. I have already contacted support around 6 times and every technician tried something else but still no result. The last time I've contacted Adobe's customer care services, I was told that they cannot help me anymore. There is nothing they can do about this. That is why I'm trying to find help on all forums and I still don't come right. If it was a permissions issue then none of my other programmes would have loaded. The only program that doesn't want to load is Acrobat. Not even Acrobat reader wants to load. So it tells me there is something wrong with the program itself. I'm so desperate for any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... literally HOURS wasted with multiple tech supports who have tried everything... wiping all adobe products, deactivating all security, trying new admin, still will not install, even from full download, This product sucks, and the time wasted is money wasted as I am self employed and charge by the hour. I am paying for a service each month, and this product has real problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody found a solution to this yet? I have tried everything already listed in this thread with no luck.

Thanks

Cai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been asked to provide the Install.log file located at "/private/var/log/install.log"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have, yes. Sent it on to Ajay yesterday.

Fingers crossed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for weeks now and I am thinking about signing off if no solution is provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines