Acrobat DC stops scanning after several pages

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am scanning a document from Adobe Acrobat DC on a wireless multifunction printer. I am on Windows 10 and have never had any problems before. In the current document, for some reason Adobe stops working (locks up) after several pages. In other words, after the second page the program simply locks up – I cannot discontinue scanning, save the document, or anything. I have it set for a custom scan into prompt me for more pages. After two or three pages, it stops prompting me for more pages and the save button is grayed out. My only option is to shut down the program through the taskbar. I have tried running repair, and even uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe. I also changed the color mode from black-and-white to grayscale (I am only scanning at 150 for crying out loud). Nothing works. What's the fix for this behavior?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Scan documents and OCR, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to have this problem.  I am trying to scan a document at 150 dpi.   One minute it gets stuck on "processing 1 of 1," and the next it just freezes.  I keep having to shut down Acrobat and restart it, and can never finish a scan.  WHYYYYY??????  Would someone at Adobe answer the question so I can use the product I'm paying for???!!!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the issue you are facing. Please install the latest update available.. Help> Check for updates.

Please try the troubleshooting options available under Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

Hope it will resolve your issue. But if not please share following information:

- Acrobat version

- Scanner detail

- OS detail

- Scanning from TWAIN driver or WIA driver

- After how many pages you are usually getting this issue

- Are you able to scan with same scanner without any issue from any app other than Acrobat

- Are you getting any error message.

Thanks.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide above mentioned information to help us identify and resolve this issue ASAP.

Thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same issue! It happens after second page scan already. Have Pro DC Core ver. 17.2304 all updates, Win 10 Pro ver.1703, build 15063.483, Scanner Xerox Work center 3225 TWAIN driver. Same happens when I click on Preferences - receive message - Acrobat has stopped working!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are sorry for the issue you are facing. We need the logs of the crash for further investigation.

To create logs please follow these steps.

1.            Retry the scenario where Acrobat crashes

2.            Do not close the pop-up when Acrobat crash

3.            Open Task manager

4.            Right click on “Acrobat.exe *32” process and select ‘Create Dump file’

5.            It will create a log file in temp folder. (Path will be displayed on pop-up comes when logs

created). You can also check this under

a.            Open Run process (Win+R)

b.            Type %temp%

c.             Logs file will be available here with name Acrobat.DMP

Steps to share the file using Adobe send

Share the file using https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

a.            Open this link

b.            Click on “Select files to Send”

c.             Click link "Select file from my computer" and Select the file

d.            Click on Create link

e.            Share this link

Thanks

Rishabh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines