Acrobat Forms - How to add an image based drop down menu?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched online for a solution to this and I find vague references to using Javascript but I can't find anything definitive.

I've got a form which has an image based key. The idea is for the user to choose an image from the drop down menu so that image is displayed in the dropdown field once selected.

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this and prefereably a tutorial? I have very basic JavaScript skills so have not been able to work this out myself.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a simple task. The built-in drop-down field does not support images.

Doing it with a script is possible, but complicated. You will need to use button fields to hold the images, and then another button to display them, and set one to save the selected value somewhere (in a hidden text field, for example), and then hide itself and the rest.

I don't think there's a tutorial available about this anywhere, as it's a very niche feature.

If this is something you really need to have your best option is probably to hire a professional to create it for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines