• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro X crashes when adding editing text feature

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I combine my files into one PDF document in Acrobat Pro X, and I try to add text editing where needed, the program frequently crashes. I am using Windows Pro 7.  It seems to happen most frequently on my larger documents of 150 pages or more.

Is there a "fix" for this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi photobugmom ,

Please try to repair the installation by navigating to Help>Repair installation .

Does this happen only when you combine files or while performing other tasks as well?

Also try referring this article : Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Let us know if this helps .

Regards

Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi photobugmom

Sure . Please try and let us know if this helps.

Regards

Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having the same problem when trying to edit text. The moment I click on the text box the whole program shut down and has not opened sinc. I did what you said and Adobe Acrobat X Pro (from CS6 Master Suite) on WIndows 7 (64-bit) and adobe acrobat still will not launch. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sanaa.mahmood,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, Acrobat Pro 10 is crashing while trying to edit a text in a PDF, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat Pro 10 from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing updates and see if this brings any difference.

Try repairing Acrobat from help>repair installation, reboot the machine after repairing Acrobat. You can also refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

Note: Acrobat 10 is already declared as an end of life and end of support product, End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distributes runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

For detailed information, please refer to End of support for Acrobat X and Reader X

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines