Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Date Field HELP please.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can assist I have created a PDF form in AcrobatXI and have formatted the text field as a Date Option as dd/mm/yyyy under custom.

As I have XI version there is no Date Picker option which is fine I can get users to enter he date manually which is what my PC brings up and allows the user to enter in the correct date type

(dd/mm/yyyy).

Problem arises when I open the Form with an iPad mini from Adobe reader. Ver 20 of reader has a date picker option popup and actually quite hard to move away from the field once you select from the Date picker. I'm thinking this is some iPad issue and not AcrobatXI is tht right?

Is there a way to disable the date picker somehow with Abode Reader? Or should I be formatting the field with Javascript?  Dont want the date picker !!

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Yes, this is an issue of Reader on the iPad.

To disable the date picker you should set the Format setting of the field to None.

Using a custom script is not going to work, as almost no scripts are supported on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is an issue of Reader on the iPad.

To disable the date picker you should set the Format setting of the field to None.

Using a custom script is not going to work, as almost no scripts are supported on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines