Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat XI pro stops working

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have win 7 installed and after the installation of acrobat 11 pro and registration the application starts and then within a few seconds just shuts down. It does not appear to crash, it just closes.  This has been patched to the latest update and behaves the same way, additionally I installed reader and it behaves normally.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Hi All,

We have identified the problem and the fix has been implemented at our end. Please follow the steps in below article on affected machines:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/AcrobatXIcrash.html

Please note that we do not recommend deleting any licensing file from the system.

Regards,

Yatin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running all three commands?  After running the deactivate command, you should be prompted to register the software.  Once you follow steps 2 and 3, the software is reactivated.  Are you getting error codes when you run the other 2 commands?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, but this "fix" doesn't seem to help at all.

I do not have a folder called "programdata", and there was nothing in the other folder at all.

Everything I try to run Acrobat XI Pro; open a file, then trying antyhhing inside that document, the program dies and disappears.

Very frustrating.  I also tired some "other" programs such as SodaPDF and another.  These are not good, and don't help much.  I've been a user of Acrobat since 3.0; and usually know what I am doing.

Help!

David Wedell

I have purchased another copy of Acrobate xi Pro and re-installed.  I als removed all other copies of Acrobat including my old version 9, plus Reader and DC.  Nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines