acrobat XI pro stops working

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have win 7 installed and after the installation of acrobat 11 pro and registration the application starts and then within a few seconds just shuts down. It does not appear to crash, it just closes.  This has been patched to the latest update and behaves the same way, additionally I installed reader and it behaves normally.

Hi All,

We have identified the problem and the fix has been implemented at our end. Please follow the steps in below article on affected machines:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/AcrobatXIcrash.html

Please note that we do not recommend deleting any licensing file from the system.

Regards,

Yatin

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

acrobat XI pro stops working

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have win 7 installed and after the installation of acrobat 11 pro and registration the application starts and then within a few seconds just shuts down. It does not appear to crash, it just closes.  This has been patched to the latest update and behaves the same way, additionally I installed reader and it behaves normally.

Hi All,

We have identified the problem and the fix has been implemented at our end. Please follow the steps in below article on affected machines:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/AcrobatXIcrash.html

Please note that we do not recommend deleting any licensing file from the system.

Regards,

Yatin

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joek46169356 ,

Please follow this thread to reset the preferences for the Acrobat software  :- How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Then open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

Also try to launch the Application holding 'Shift' Key.

Check with the compatibility mode for Acrobat (Right click Acrobat icon > Properties > Compatibility),if any compatibility is checked please uncheck it & run the acrobat as administrator .

If the issue still persist please check with the different user account to replicate the issue, refer to this article :- Adobe troubleshooting: Creating an admin account in Windows

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Yatharth 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried these steps with the same result.  I have also tried an uninstall followed by running the adobe cleanup tool.  After re-installation and update to 11.0.16 the program continues to close out on it's own.  Currently I have tried installing acrobat pr 11 on a freshly imaged computer with only an administrator account active.  The same thing continues to happen.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have workstations experiencing the same issue.  I have tried the steps listed, but the problem persists.  Please reply with a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  We have multiple XenApp servers that are displaying the same symptoms.  We have changed nothing on our vDisk image recently so that couldn't be the cause.  It appears that Adobe changed something with their licensing, and numerous people using PVS machines for XenApp are reporting problems.  I'm seeing posts all over the place reporting the same issue.  This issue is widespread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Can you please use the Log Collector tool from: Adobe Creative Cloud Log Collector Tool  and send us the log files along with the serial number you are using at trkumar@adobe.com so that we can investigate further.

Regards,
Rave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent our log files.  Please review ASAP as it is affecting all of our servers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Tried to install Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro on a new Windows 10 workstation. I was able to accept the EULA and register. As soon as I open a PDF it immediately closes after 10 or so seconds.

We are an enterprise environment and it just so happened that I needed to install Acrobat 11 yesterday afternoon. That is when the issue occurred first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the adobe uninstall tool to remove any old instances but here is what I tried with no luck:

Completely Uninstalled Adobe Pro, disabled patches so it remained at the 11.0 base with the same symptom.

Following the other forum I disabled security both from within the app and from the registry, no difference

I installed acrobat reader, acrobat reader did not display any of the symptoms but acrobat pro behaved the same way.

Patched Acrobat to the latest version without disabling any symptoms, issue still persists.

This issue only seems to be affecting my VDI users, physical machines appear to be unaffected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having these issues in our XenApp environment, but it does look like any new installs on local machines are having the exact same issue.  I have emailed my logs in, hopefully we hear a response soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are testing out this fix, go to c:\programdata\adobe\slstore, delete the files there (###.lic)

Start Adobe, it recreates those files.

So far so good, we had to do it twice to one PC but they seem to be working now.

I've also noticed a weird thing with the product registration button in help. Sometimes its there, sometimes not, sometimes its grayed out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 1
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Many thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the *.lic file worked for us.  Thank you!  I wonder what caused the issue in the first place.  Any ramifications with the license from doing this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Xenapp environment. Came in to numerous calls and a broken Adobe Acrobat 11. Multiple installations, cleanup of files, registry, etc.. same issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0