• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroExch.app Without Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to interact with COM/OLE, specifically the AcroExch.app function, without the need of a full Acrobat Pro/Std installation?

If not, is there any licensing specifically allowing these actions? Or I need a full install of Acrobat it should work.

Thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

You can do all these things with the PDFLibrary – some more easily than others, but all possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you need Acrobat installed for this to work. There is no way around that, because the functionality you want to use is actually implemented in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is with the PDF Library SDK, can this be used? Adobe PDF Library SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF Library does not need Acrobat. It offers a C++ API, not OLE, and does not have all the features of Acrobat (eg no file conversion). Licensing by negotiation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response. is the AcroExch.app function avail in the Library? or, is there another function that would perform the same?

Do I need to talk to Adobe directly to see exactly what we want to do with the library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, AcroExch.App is not available in the library. This is an OLE interface, and as I said you do not get an OLE interface to the library. Whether you can do what you want to do depends on your needs. It isn't one function, you would need to examine and carefully reprogram after deep study of the library. The library is licensed, on behalf of Adobe, by DataLogics. You could contact them, but we might be able to help if you understand your needs in technical detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we actually need it for two separate programs, one which I want to discuss.
We want the library to perform the following;

1. Insert PDFs into existing PDFs (Combine them, but, essentially, leaving the header and footer from the original PDF. so the original PDF has currently two pages, we want to insert the new PDF starting on page three, but leave the header and footer from the previous one, and create a new PDF from these combined)
  2. Flatten PDFs, (ie, kinda the same functionality that "Print to PDF does", removing all markups and complex forms etc)
  3. Add watermarks on the PDFs

Once these steps are complete, the user will see on their screen the complete PDF, using their Reader.

There is definitely some actions t hat I missed, but first lets see if the above is possible with the library, and then we will go more in depth.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do all these things with the PDFLibrary – some more easily than others, but all possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

I will start getting together more details on this project.

Where would I get Licensing details? And, can I post here technical questions on how to use some functions in the library (if/when we get stuck)?

Also, our applications are on VB.Net, can the library be applied to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Datalogics.com does the licensing of the library and includes support (though you can ask here too..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines